Tuesday 22 January 2008

Player Profile - Russell Chandler


In the second of our player profiles we interview Naval Officer Russell Chandler. Russell has been with the Wheatsheaf on and off for many years with his family being pub regulars. Russell is likened as a player to Steve McManaman but that is only because of his spindly legs rather than dribbling ability. In fact Russell has been known to be through on goal only to turn around and run the other way before giving away a foul. He has scored a couple of goals with his head this season, using his slighty frame to find between the defenders and using an unusual 'pogo' motion to head looping headers home.

As we know, the questions are crap. But until we get better ones we will have to stick with these. Hopefully Russell will give us an intelligent insight into his life as he is training to be a pilot with the Navy. A chat up line I have used many times before but here it is true.
So, Russell, as we know, I have very embarrassing New Years Eve footage that I'm withholding so I'm hoping for a good interview today.
Question 1, who would you say is the worst dressed player?
It would have to be Scott Taylor.
Which team mate do you most admire and why?
It would be Raggy. He reminds me off Beckham with his right foot and looks.
What has been your favourite moment for the Wheatsheaf?
Even though we lost, it would have to be the Cup Final. I don't play in many.
What attracted you to the Wheatsheaf?
Over the years the Wheatsheaf has had a succession of gorgeous barmaids. The turnover is quick though, which could be due to Kevin's famous cellar training.
Any pre-match superstitions?
I always pratice my 'pogo' heading for a couple few minutes. It's gives me extra bounce.
The thickest team mate, apart from Sheephead?
I would say Scott Taylor, he is very quiet but we he does say something I can't understand him.
Which team mate least likely to buy a round?
Fallick, as he never works. It would have been Birch but he bought his yearly round recently.
Name 3 dream dinner date?
Keely Hazel - great jugs
Winston Churchill - Great leader and former Naval man
Russ Abbot - I used to laugh my head watching him as a kid
Name an interesting fact about yourself?
My dad was a finalist in Stars in your Eyes in 1998 as Freddie Mercury.
Again, I think the public have been short changed. Maybe I'll have to post the dodgy videos.

No comments: