Tuesday 25 December 2007

Player profile - Lee Baldwin


Welcome to the first edition of Player Profiles. This week we have the self proclaimed Wheatsheaf Heartthrob Lee Baldwin. Lee describes himself on the pitch as having the flair of George Best with the defensive quality of Didier Deschamps. Although adopting the different styles at the wrong times can be his weakness.
Hello Lee, heavy night last night?
Just a little, I think I'm still drunk. Fallick and I met up with Big Dave down the Wheatsheaf for some light entertainment that resulted in the usual visit to the Mecca. Not the bingo, but the pilgrimage to the nightclub on the pier. A good night was had by all. Highlight of the evening was seeing Birch on the dancefloor busting some rather camp moves!
Right then, back to the questions. Some light qustions to warm you up. Who is the worst dressed player at the Wheatsheaf?
It has to be Raggy. It seems that he is stuck in a timewarp.
Which team mate to most admire and why?
Bill, I just love him. He is a legend.
Apart from Birch buying a round, what has been your favourite moment whilst at the Wheatsheaf?
When we beat the Railway 3-2 after being 2-0 down.
What attrcted you to the Wheatsheaf?
My family drink here and I have been actively recruiting employees on behalf of Kevin. It seems to go wrong though when he starts the cellar training.
Any pre-match superstitions?
I like to wear number 8. Unless I'm sub of course.
Thickest team mate?
It has to be me. I can't be good looker and intelligent. I also didn't realize that you could send e-mails to Canada.
Which team mate least likely to buy a round?
Fallick or Birch. Fallick as he doesn't have any money and Birch is just the tightest man in the world.
Name 3 dream dinner dates?
Me granddad as I have never met him.
Bobby Moore, a West Ham legend.
And Keith Chegwin, he always makes me laugh.
And finally, who would win a fight between a bear and a shark?
Shark
Well that was about as interesting as a visit to the dentist. Hopefully the next guest will have a bit more substance up top.

No comments: